Reporting to the President, and VP of Operations, the Alternative Energy Project Manager is primarily responsible for managing all aspects of our alternative energy programs and requires extensive knowledge and experience working with varying scopes and entities such as fleet, public and private entities.
Knowledge and experience working with compressors, pressure vessels, and gas dryers is a must. The Project Manager will successfully manage all project management aspects of assigned projects such as Control, Organization, Planning and Communication with client, consultants, and the corporate project team to ensure the efficient and cost-effective completion of the project. The Project Manager will have experience in managing multiple projects, a strong technical background, a high level of organization, and the ability to work within a team environment
- Client management and coordination; including contract management
- Site Investigation Reports; Preliminary Site Plan development;
- Pre-application meetings with local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ); Entitlement submittal, processing, and approval;
- Hire and manage sub-consultant’s activities and deliverables as required to ensure accurate and cost-effective completion of all assigned tasks;
- Construction document development; Permitting of construction documents with all required city, county, and state agencies; and
- Bid and construction support and site inspections;
- Project support of hazard analysis, task planning along with safe work protocols. Provide direct support for management to include corporate audits and safety inspections along with employee training, evaluate construction safety practices in the field with local HSE staff, support HSE activities upstream/downstream, conduct site wide appraisals and audits of subcontractors’ safety performance, manage injury loss control and investigate incidents/injuries, manage and coordinate corporate and client HSE programs, facilitate Risk Management assessments
- As Project Manager, this position will be fully responsible for all contributing corporate personnel and consultant activities, as well as the accuracy, cost controls, budget, reporting, and timeliness of all assigned projects
- Translate internal and customer requirements into client deliverables
- Identify potential technical/execution challenges and plan alternatives
- Successfully financially manage and complete assignments, within stated scope, schedule, and budget
- Effectively present technical information with clients, contractors and sub-consultants, and the general public.
- Represent the Company and its clients by attending meetings with local municipalities, as required.
- Ensure company policies, work rules, and processes are followed
- Organization and accurate record keeping
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- General computer skills and proficiency with standard office software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of urgency
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical or Chemical Engineering;
- Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- HSE management five (5) years preferably with ASP and/or OSHA 500 Certification (but not required).