Requisition ID: 21801
Job Function: Project Management (40000032)
This position will be responsible for providing material management of raw materials and/or component parts to the manufacturing locations and validate material is available for production when needed. This includes ensuring the material is shipped on time and received/stored accurately this role communicates directly with the supply base on any supply issues and works with internal partners on quality and inventory issues. This role also works directly with transportation teams for accurate in-bound part flow.
- Material management of raw material, component parts, service parts and/or sub-contracted parts to the manufacturing locations and ensures material is available for production when needed including proactive and reactive problem solving with suppliers
- Supporting processes related to inventory management, vendor managed inventory, bill of materials accuracy, excess/obsolescence management, new model planning, operational issues, returnable packaging issue resolution, invoice resolution, ASN errors, transportation, and master data accuracy
- Continuous improvement projects related to improving material management and material flow
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance or Engineering; In lieu of degree 5+ years working in manufacturing, supply chain
- Uses logic and problem-solving tools to develop plans
- Knowledge of supply chain concepts and parts flow
- Understanding of lean concepts, change management methodology
- Effective at developing and using standardized work
- Knowledge of Google Tools (Google: Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms & Drawings)
- SAP Experience
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Cedar Rapids
Nearest Secondary Market: Iowa City
Job Segment: Project Manager, Supply Chain, Manager, Supply, Engineer, Technology, Operations, Management, Engineering