This position will be focused on managing analytics for multi-channel, post purchase campaigns. This role will also be responsible for driving monthly and quarterly views of Customer Success retention programs - - at the program level, as well as segmented by the email # and language. Analyst will assess how programs are impacting customer retention as well as provide recommendations on program improvements/optimization. This role is responsible for answering: What is going on with each nurture program? What should we do?
Successful candidate will need to be a hands-on analyst who can go deep on data and summarize effectively --- highlighting key actionable insights.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $55.88 - 61.29 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
• o Monthly and quarterly performance analysis of trends in nurture stream KPIs
• o Consistent communication of key performance trends to key business stakeholders
• o Manage rollout of new data sources (e.g. IPM, EWS, etc.) and any new KPIs into ongoing analysis and reporting on business performance
• o Standardize business review formats and KPIs with partners in GTM
• o Define and prioritize which opportunities we should pursue to grow the business and better retain customers. Be able to provide key actionable insights to answer: What happened? Why? What do we do about it?
• o Provide analytics support for one off projects
• o Maintain strong communication with stakeholders to represent their needs
5+ years' experience in the field of Analytics: Marketing/Finance/Sales Operations background
What you will need to be successful:
• o 5+ years' experience in the field of Analytics: Marketing/Finance/Sales Operations background
• o Expertise in using business analytics and campaign data to drive decisions and identify opportunities for improvement, and to validate the success of key program changes/enhancements
• o Strong conceptual thinking and problem-solving at all levels, ability to formulate a plan and desire to drive that plan through to completion.
• o Superb experience in the following analysis tools: Excel, Tableau, Marketo
• o Willingness and desire to lead and build new things and the flexibility to adapt to change
• o The desire and ability to advocate radical change and present supporting facts and data to back up your position
• o An optimist, comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about helping shape the future for the best through constant improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.