Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue is seeking an experienced kennel manager. This is a full-time, salaried position. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- This position requires the management, supervision and evaluation of the kennel staff.The position includes outlining the responsibilities of the subordinate staff, scheduling, and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Accountable for the cleaning and sanitizing standards of the kennel.
- Responsible for all dogs’ health care, including scheduling and taking dogs to appointments with vets and specialists, following through with medical treatments, and training staff in proper dog care procedures.
- Some weekends, nights, and holidays are required.
- Oversee maintenance of facility, grounds, and company vehicles.
- Coordinate incoming dogs from shelters and owners.
- Complete and file paperwork with appropriate agencies and individuals for incoming dogs.
- Pick up and/or coordinate transport for arriving dogs from long-distance transports/airport, including late night/early morning arrivals.
- Train staff in reinforcing good behavior to make dogs more adoptable.
- Oversee and schedule volunteers in kennel and for transportation needs.
- Work closely with other departments, especially adoption department.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills essential.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 3 years management experience. Able to motivate, manage, and hold staff accountable. Maintain high standards. Vet tech experience helpful. Must have a positive attitude and the ability to handle stressful situations with tact and patience. Must be flexible and a team player, willing to help out in other departments as needed. Must have knowledge of dog behavior and body language. Excellent people skills required. Should be able to safely handle large, rambunctious dogs and safely lift 50 pounds.