Job Title: Appeal Coordinator
Location: Phoenix AZ 85021
Duration: 4 Months (Right To Hire)
- Maintains a caseload and monitors day to day compliance of appeal decision time frames.
- Reviews clinical and medical records for completeness and determines administrative or clinical appeal.
- Assigns reviews to physician advisors and medical directors for those requiring medical necessity reviews.
- Enters all data related to appeals and case reviews into a database.
- Prepares and presents information on appeals to panels second-level multi-disciplinary committee.
- Participates in data gathering and analysis of reports regarding appeal activity as well as preparing for appeals audits, provides new employee training, monitors QI (Quality Improvement) activities of appeals department, and assists in the development of depart flows and implementations.
- Coordinates and distributes first, second and third level appeal request assignments.
- Consults with managers on problem cases and interfaces with case managers, clinical supervisors, account managers and other personnel in resolving denial and appeal questions.-
- Responds to member, provider, and client telephone inquiries regarding status, process and outcome of appeals.
- Organizes volume of work and work-flow so that performance standards and proper procedures for appeals resolution according to client requirements and state and federal regulations are addressed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize work and seek help on tasks where needed.
- Strong writing and proofing skills required ensuring documents meet standards and are accurate.
- Experience in customer interactions and detailed review of health related materials.
- Must have steady work history
- 2-3 years’ experience processing clinical/claim appeals preferred
- Must computer savvy and be proficient in MS Office, especially Outlook
- 2-5 years in behavioural health and managed care
- Strong customer service skills, excellent phone etiquette
- Strong multi-tasking skills needed and ability to prioritize tasks