Application Development - Java Developer(ecommerce)
Contract to Hire Position
No Third-Party Applicants/Calls; No Corp to Corp Applicants; Visa Sponsorship Not Available
Our Client seeks a talented Java Developer to join a cutting edge full-stack development team. Your new team designs and builds web applications used by Client customers and employees. With your technical expertise, you design, support, and develop applications across all lines of businesses including industrial products, unit train, short lines, and intermodal.
As a Java Developer, you will have a critical role in converting business requirements into functional software design and patterns. You will bring the most innovative concepts to life to help us push the boundaries across emerging technologies and products. You work both independently and collaboratively in your projects and will interface with members across the organization. You will use your experience to drive medium to large-sized tasks and projects while exercising considerable independent judgment and discretion.
Education: 4-yr College Degree required in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Deliver innovative, engaging web applications using the latest software technologies.
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with business partners and outside vendors to collect and confirm project business requirements.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Identify design problems and devise solid technical solutions.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Conduct system wide requirement analysis and work effort estimations.
- Collaborate closely with the PM / Architects / BAs.
- Thoroughly understand the requirements and ability to develop detailed software designs.
- Use best practices and coding standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews and provide feedback.
- Provide accurate and detailed weekly task reports.
- Develop, maintain, troubleshoot, enhance and document components develop by self and others as per the requirements and detailed design.
- 6+ years of work experience with Java technology.
- Strong knowledge of Java, including data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures.
- Deep understanding of web services software architecture and design (REST/SOAP), including security based implementations.
- Experience implementing transaction and management and persistence using ORM frameworks (such as JPA and Hibernate).
- Experience with data modeling and database programming skills (Oracle database and PL/SQL experience a plus).
- Familiarity with infrastructure systems (servers, systems administration, and unix/linux scripting skills) a plus.
- Understanding of networks, firewalls, load balancers and concepts with the ability to provide requirements to infrastructure team as well as provide troubleshooting assistance.
- Working experience with agile methodologies (Scrum).
- Working experience with UML and design patterns.
- Working knowledge of continuous integration tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Nexus, JUnit, Selenium, Sonar, Maven, Ant, SVN, GIT, Puppet, Chef.
- Working experience with JBoss and/or Weblogic.
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Desire to work in an information systems environment.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
Who we are:
Open Systems Inc. (OSI) was founded in 1994 to provide information technology solutions and staffing services to large and mid-size companies across the U.S. Our corporate office is located at 6495 Shiloh Road, Ste 310 Alpharetta, GA 30005. We provide a full range of staffing services including contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire solutions. Our technical recruiting experts are experienced in technical screening, candidate sourcing and behavioral interviewing techniques. They focus on providing candidates who match your technical requirements and fit seamlessly into your company culture.
Apply: Application Development – Java Developer(ecommerce) – Job# KXA-18916-595
You may also send your resume with the job# in the subject line to: email@example.com
Contact Open Systems, Inc. anytime by website, phone or email. We look forward to hearing from you!!