Position Description: The Application Interface Engineer identifies, develops, designs, and implements internal and external system interfaces between the EM system and legacy applications. This position is responsible for performing tasks as assigned by this RFP and under the direction of the EM Project Manager. In addition, the individual:
- Shall be responsible for the architecture, design, and implementation of all interfaces with internal (WCC) and external (State of Maryland and non-State of Maryland) data sources, to include, but not limited to, coordinating with external agencies, developing memoranda of understanding, providing subject matter expertise to other WCC EM development team members, identifying interface methods and standards, and other duties as
- Shall identify and document internal (WCC) and external (non-WCC) system interfaces that exist in legacy systems which must be maintained in the Enterprise Modernization.
- Shall identify, design, document, and implement internal (WCC) and external (non-WCC) system interfaces that can or should be implemented in order to better send, receive, or share data with WCC business
- Shall develop, test, and deploy internal (WCC) and external (non-WCC) system interfaces between the Enterprise Modernization applications developed in Bizagi Studio as directed to support business processes and business process improvement.
Education: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or other related discipline. (Note: A Master’s degree is preferred.)
General Experience: The proposed candidate must have at least eight (8) years of experience in managing the implementation of information engineering projects and experience in systems analysis, design and software development using modern software engineering tools, integrated development environments (IDE) and application frameworks. Must also have four (4) years' experience using highly effective English oral and written communications skills to correspond with customers and peers using email, conduct in person and/or telephone customer interviews, lead technical training sessions, present technology demonstrations, and develop clearly written, understandable and complete English user and technical project documentation, and at least three
(3) years' experience with analysis, testing, debugging, and troubleshooting software applications in a mission critical production IT environment.