In Some Jobs You Take Orders. In This One, You Write History.
Join the healthcare information technology team that’s turning drug and medical device data into knowledge used by thousands of hospitals; the majority of U.S. health plans, retail pharmacies, and pharmacy benefit managers; and millions of healthcare decision makers throughout the world. Partnering with our information system developer and healthcare institution customers, you’ll help evolve leading-edge thinking into reality and make a measurable difference in improving human health.
We’re looking for people who are: Intelligent. Productive.Committed.Willing and able to go above and beyond.Passionate about making a difference.Innovative.Energized. And want to play an essential role in a successful company’s continued growth.
Are you ready for this exciting challenge?
First Databank (FDB) is currently seeking an Application Project Manager in the Customer Success department. You will lead and support implementation projects for customers who have licensed our “Meducation” application and provide assistance to our Customer Success Managers in their ongoing support (www.fdbhealth.com/meducation). You will work directly with customers throughout the implementation process able to drive the execution and completion of multiple projects simultaneously when necessary.The successful candidate will suggest ways to increase project efficiency and improve product efficacy, be highly organized, resourceful, and demonstrate drive and adaptability.
Position will be based out of the Durham, NC office (NOT Indianapolis).
- Develop and maintain implementation project plans
- Define project scope, goals, deliverables and timelines
- Proactively identify and communicate risks and potential issues. Create and drive mitigation and corrective action plans
- Implement project changes depending on specific customer needs
- Provide subject matter expertise to multiple audience types, from high level executives to end-users
- Educate customer on implementation and system configuration best practices
- Be knowledgeable about current Meducation features and upcoming enhancements
- Provide feedback to Meducation Product Management on enhancements and new features
- Work independently and with a team using exceptional problem solving and organizational skills
- Drive resolution of all implementation issues to meet project timelines bringing in Subject Matter Experts as required
- Optimize processes, documentation, and reporting
- Escalate issues and provide regular status on Meducation Customer Implementations
- Highlight new feature development and assist customers in adopting Meducation features
- Travel as needed to customer sites and FDB events (2-4 days per month)
- Excellent and adaptable verbal and written communication skills based on audience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Sophisticated problem-solving skills, involving analysis of multiple factors and alignment with FDB Meducation strategies
- Complex decision-making skills, at the project / strategic level with ability to identify and reconcile complex issues
- Strong relationship building, collaboration, influencing and negotiating skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health administration, industrial engineering, information technology/systems or related field
- Minimum 5+ years project management experience
- Minimum 2+ years experience with software solutions in a healthcare environment.
- Experience managing multiple implementation projects
- Working knowledge of HIPAA regulations/requirements
- Proficiency with either Mac or Windows environments
- Work experience in a hospital or other healthcare environment a plus
- Certification in project management a plus
FDB is the leading provider of drug and medical device knowledge that helps healthcare professionals make precise decisions. With thousands of customers worldwide, FDB enables our information system developer partners to deliver valuable, useful, and differentiated solutions. We offer more than three decades of experience in transforming medical knowledge into actionable, targeted, and effective solutions that help improve patient safety, operational efficiency, and healthcare outcomes. For a complete look at our solutions and services, please visit www.fdbhealth.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We value Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Teamwork, and Creativity. Our offices in South San Francisco and Indianapolis have been awarded with Top Workplaces honors by The Bay Area News Group and the Indy Star, respectively, including the most recent honor awarded to our Indianapolis office in 2017 & 2018 (the Top Workplaces honors are based solely on the results of an employee feedback survey by a leading research firm that specializes in organizational health and workplace improvement). FDB offers competitive salaries and extensive benefits – including medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance, and matching 401k.
FDB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800.633.3453.