This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Application Support Engineer:
- Monitor and maintain internal enterprise systems and client-facing applications
- Provide troubleshooting, perform research, and resolve defects
- Investigate and gather application logs for incidents; escalate complex issues as needed
- Work with teammates and external vendors to design technical solutions to application problems
- Acquire/master the skill set required to support and restore services, consistently and continuously working to improve knowledge base
- Perform routine maintenance of application servers; track system performance
- Identify opportunities for improved performance
Requirements of the Application Support Engineer:
- At least 5 years of overall IT experience, including at least 2 years of directly relevant experience
- Experience in RHEL 6.5+
- Experience with Java and middleware software support
- Familiarity with SQL and/or Oracle DB environments
- Experience with Perl, Python, and Shell Scripting
- Ability to perform well in a high pressure environment
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work on a rotating schedule, which may include some night and weekend shifts
Keywords: Application Support Engineer, RHEL 6.5, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Java, SQL, Oracle, Perl, Python
Job ID: 310681
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com .
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!