The purpose of this position is to support web, database, and workgroup applications for the City through a centralized IT Department. Installs and upgrades application systems; applies updates and enhancements; identifies and corrects program errors; creates reports; trains and supports employees; implements third party applications; indentifies needs; researches solutions; facilitates implementations; collaborates with employees, departments and vendors; applies technical knowledge.
- Installs, upgrades, and maintains City application systems. Determines if upgrade, patch, or service pack is required; determines if other software, hardware, peripherals are affected; determines timeline and participants needed; decides if other areas might be impacted by modification; decides best methods for testing and training.
- Documentation. Create and maintain technical and support documentation, such as signed, change control documentation for system changes; determines if documentation or troubleshooting guides need to be modified.
- Application support. Provides daily technical and functional application support; maintains applications and assists users in maintaining and creating their own applications.
- Research, analyze, and debug. Employs troubleshooting skills to determine best course of action.
- Training. Determines best level of training and which users require training; decide which training tools to use and develop.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT:
An Equal Opportunity Employer