The client is looking for strong manual tester with experience in: SQL, IBM Rational, and software design patterns. Applicants must be able to work on our W2 directly without sponsorship. If interested, please send an updated copy of your resume to Christina Tom ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). Thanks!!
The Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) Application Tester is responsible for system testing, User Acceptance Testing, and requirements validation of the Connecticut Information Sharing System (CISS), and any other system managed by CJIS. The CJIS Application Tester is also responsible for understanding all of the areas of the system and providing institutional knowledge of its design and operation.
Specific Services Required
- Creating test use cases, doing the testing, creating the testing results reports, and implementing the testing needed by the project managers
- Providing documented processes to the testing team in the implementation of the required testing
- Supporting the resolution of defects found during testing and providing general testing process consultation to the project team
- Working on testing activities for new releases for the CJIS team and CJIS stakeholders.
- Developing presentations for stakeholders, officials, and other interested parties when requested by the Management
- Reporting test results, documenting reported defects to test lead. Entering the defects in defect management tool
- Ability to validate Traceability Matrix to contractual requirements
The candidate must have the following skills or experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Technology, exposure to programming in a 3rd generation languages and knowledge of software design patterns
- 5 to 7 years of experience as a tester for IT projects
- Working knowledge of IBM Rational Jazz Suite is a plus
- An ability to understand the complexity of a large integrated system and to trace problems to their source
- Experience in NIEM XML or other complex XML Standard is a plus
- Experience with SOA technologies
- Experience in Database Development (Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, ad-hoc queries) including MS-SQL TRANSAC-SQL (2005 and above)
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Work cooperatively with other Team Members including Team Leader/Manager, Developers, Testers, Designers and others
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178