Evoqua has the strength of a major global business while embracing the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. Our innovative products have been solving the world’s water problems for more than 100 years. Today, we are building on that strong history of success – transforming water for our customers enriching the lives of consumers.
Evoqua’s unparalleled portfolio of proven brands, advanced technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and services helps cities across the world provide and discharge clean water, and equips the leisure and commercial industries to maximize productivity and profitability. Every day, millions of people and thousands of companies rely on Evoqua Water Technologies to help meet their needs for clean water.
What does it mean to work here. . .
Our Mindset: We put customers first. We know we succeed only when our customers succeed. To that end, we make decisions at lowest possible levels, at fastest possible speeds – freeing employees to respond to customers quickly and effectively without sacrificing safety or quality.
Our organization: We work as “One Evoqua”. We collaborate across our global enterprise. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, no single product, group or unit succeeds on their own, no matter how remarkable they are. We are one team.
Our People: We hire for brains and heart. We are industry experts who foster great relationships with colleagues and customers. We value technical knowledge and experience, alongside business insight and people smarts. We nurture both the hard and soft skills of our talent.
Our Leadership: We lead from where we are. We take ownership. We lead from all levels. We value the opportunity to grow, as a business and as people. We hold each other accountable to make the right things happen for maximum performance.
Our promise: Grow with the Best. We grow with the best. We are on the move. As the world’s first choice for water solutions, our workplace will continue to evolve and expand, and so will the opportunities. This is a workplace that nourishes talented people. Immerse yourself . . . in Evoqua.
Apply today to join our 4000 professionals around the world as we pursue our purpose: Transforming Water. Enriching Life.
Applications Engineer - Electrical Controls & Automation Specialist
- The Application Engineer applies process and product knowledge to meet the requirements of customer applications.
- Designs hardware and software solutions using a combination of standard products and custom equipment to meet customer performance requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes customer specifications to create detailed costing models.
- Creates customer proposals in accordance with developed design.
- Supports sales professionals in process applications and product based solutions with direct and in direct customer contact.
The Applications Engineer Electrical Controls & Automation Specialist functions as a high level technical resource in support of customer proposal development, providing specific discipline expertise to internal and external customers. Position requires wide ranging interface with other Application Engineers, Sales Professionals and customers, providing technical expertise and costing support of proposal development. Participates in customer meetings as the subject matter expert helping to guide the final design.
- Performs electrical calculations in support of process design
- Evaluates customer requirements and consults on best practices
- Prepares high level control & electrical diagrams using Autocad
- Applies knowledge of NEC, UL, NFPA, CSA, IEEE, IEC and CE standards to electrical control system panel and system designs
- Utilizing programming experience, current technology understanding, advises on Programmable Logic Controller and Operator Interface Terminal applications for high purity water treatment systems utilizing Allen Bradley and Siemens products
- Understands and conveys proper application of automation networks utilizing copper and fiber optics, including Ethernet, ControlNet, Profibus, Profinet, Modbus and DH+
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of product offerings and process control requirements
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of Variable Frequency Drives operation and application
- Identifies requirements related to motor controls with a fundamental knowledge of Motor Control Centers, power distribution equipment and motor control equipment
- Works directly with the Center Of Excellence to coordinate Electrical Control and Automation technical proposal handoff for sold projects
- Provides Product Mangers with technical input related to division bid activities, identifying automation trends and needs in product development
- Advises procurement management team as a technical resource
- Reviews customer specifications and provides project specific feedback
- Prepares detailed estimates of materials and labor
- Solicits vendor quotations
- Prepares proposals for Controls and Automation Specific offerings
BS in Electrical Engineering (preferred), Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge in field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments. Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's business practices and issues as related to job responsibilities. Typically 8+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
General experience and knowledge of water treatment process applications in the Power, Petroleum Refining, Pharmaceutical, Food/Beverage and Semiconductor Industries. Specific equipment experience utilizing softening, demineralization, reverse osmosis and pumping equipment.
Direction of Others:
Provide general guidance or training support to internal and external customers. May act as a mentor.
Key Working Relationships:
Works directly with intra-organizational contacts and external contacts.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Experience Level: Mid Level, 8+ years
Division: Light Industry Technologies
Travel Required: Yes
Travel Percentage: 20
Reporting: Reports to the Director of Application Engineering
Evoqua Water Technologies prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Evoqua Water Technologies takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
Evoqua does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from search firms.