Summary: Responsible for supporting system designs, proposals, contracting, and active projects for utility scale energy storage systems.
- Support development, proposals, and projects under construction. Duties include, high level electrical design, system physical layouts, balance of system specification, creating CAD drawings, conference calls and meetings, site visits, etc.
- Review request for proposal documents and summarize project requirements.
- Evaluate project requirements to inform system design, equipment requirements, cost estimating, project risk, site feasibility, and operational requirements.
- Produce and document battery energy storage system configurations based on project requirements.
- Generate system design quantities to support estimating.
- Generate system design drawings including single line diagrams, facility layouts, equipment arrangements, etc.
- Work with equipment suppliers and communicate project requirements through standardized request forms.
- Collaborate with internal engineering and communicate project requirements through standardized request forms.
- Communicate design information to construction management, business development, estimating, and engineering teams.
- Interface with systems engineers, electrical engineers, civil engineers, SCADA engineers, and CAD designers for guidance on preliminary designs and deliverables
- Capacity to learn and understand equipment/technologies over a broad range of technical disciplines including batteries, HVAC systems, electrical infrastructure, balance of systems equipment, and non-battery energy storage technologies.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a schedule for key deliverables.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- AutoCAD or similar
- Basic electrical engineering design
- Microsoft Excel
- Experience with batteries and battery systems preferred
- Experience with utility scale energy projects preferred
- Oral and written skills to include:
- Technical writing
- Ability to communicate issues to peers
- Clear and concise writing
- Organizational skills
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred), or Mechanical/Chemical/Systems engineering.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid current passport to travel outside the U.S.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.