Applications Engineer/Inside Technical Sales – Machine Tooling
Global machine tooling manufacturer is seeking an Application Engineer/Inside Technical Sales Person to join our rapidly growing team in Raleigh, NC! There are two positions available and candidates will be considered for both based on experience level. The Applications Engineer/Inside Technical Sales person will assist the Sales Team Leader and product sales team, distribution partners and end users with development, sales, distribution and support of our company’s tooling components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and prepare customer quotes for specialty components including but not limited to:
- Review customer requests for quotes
- Review customer specifications and/ or review customer parts
- Interpret drawings and other customer documents
- Coordinate development of design drawings with customer and Design Engineering team
- Preparing and delivering quotes and sales orders to customer.
- Track and follow up on quotes and sales orders with customers and potential customers.
- Develop a design and production schedule that meets customer and company’s business requirements, coordinating design, production and delivery with appropriate company teams and facilities.
- Track and follow-up on sales order progress through and including ensuring product delivery and customer satisfaction, making adjustments to production and/or delivery schedule when required to meet customer and company’s business requirements.
- Provide technical service and training presentations to customers and representatives relating to company’s component’s use, operation and maintenance
- Provide customer support by phone and on the customer site.
- May enter customer quotes and sales orders into AS400 system, tracking the order process and follow up through delivery of the product.
- Perform duties of the Technical Specialist and Customer Service Representative (CSR) when necessary to meet business and customer needs.
- Work with all product teams, Toolholding, Workholding and Automation Components, the production shop and the sales and marketing staff.
- Assist the Sales Department with trade shows.
- Participate in special projects when requested.
- Travel up to 25%
Education and/or experience:
- 2-yr degree in Engineering or technology discipline or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- 2 years of CNC Machining experience, preferably on vertical and horizontal Milling machines
- Knowledge of cutting tools and ability to perform feed and speed calculations on machines
- 2 years related inside sales/quoting/customer service experience in manufacturing
- Experience generating sales quotes
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business needs to accurately quote product solutions with an emphasis on Quality and Technical Service
- Ability to calculate: discounts, interest, commissions, proportion, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to use in-house sales/order applications.
- Valid Driver’s license required