You belong at Dayton Freight! Join our team of Technicians and be a part of The Dayton Difference.
Dayton Freight is a recognized leader in regional LTL transportation services and we are truly different from other carriers. It’s apparent in how we treat our customers, and each other. Our culture is one of teamwork, respect and professional honesty. Dayton Freight appreciates its employees: you are not just a number, you are family. We attribute our growth to the dedication of our employees, and the loyalty of our customers and business partners.
Apprentice Trailer Technicians are to perform maintenance services in which the volume and quality of work is within the acceptably measures standards for a Dayton Freight Lines.
Additional job duties include:
- Learns to perform basic maintenance and part replacement procedures by observing, assisting and asking questions
- Assists senior technicians when ask to do so
- Develops skills in the diagnosis and repair of all DFL trailer components
- Learns to effectively and efficiently perform PM inspections and services
- Learns to read, understand and retain service data information
- Learns the tire maintenance program
- Performs service calls
- Washes and fuels equipment when necessary
- Advises the supervisor when:
- Outlines work is found not needed or misdiagnosed
- Additional repair needs are discovered
- Work cannot be completed on time
- Performs other maintenance duties or assignments as necessary
- Consistently positive attitude, interacting courteously and professionally with fellow employees
- Learns to become professionally excellent and a positive example at all times
- A leading participant in the care and upkeep of the shop, the grounds and all equipment and tools
- Maintains a clean, safe environment that complies to OSHA and company standards
- Proficient in recording all work and labor on a computer in the EMS system
- Reports questionable abuse and unauthorized tampering of equipment to the supervisor
- Works with the Parts Department to assure that all necessary material, parts, service, and shop supplies are maintained at proper quantity levels
- Complies with all Parts Department procedures and rules at all times
- Works in compliance to EPA regulations
- Works within all DOT and company safety requirements
- Actively participates in any company sponsored events
- Continuously improves processes
- Possesses a Class B Driver’s License.
- Stable and growing organization
- Competitive weekly pay
- Quick advancement
- Laundered Uniforms
- Professional, positive and people-centered work environment
- Modern facilities
- Clean, late model equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, AD&D, 401(k), etc.