Live IT Up at Ciber Global
At Ciber Global, we believe the most inspired, innovative and industrious companies should win, regardless of size or legacy. We’re the small company that cares and the big company that can. We deliver breakthrough performances and powerful solutions that are anything but cookie cutter in order to give our clients the competitive advantage they deserve.
The Data Architect will design, build and architect data solutions for the Commercial “The Biz” organization. S/he will be a big contributor developing and implementing the next generation of Big Data and Analytics solutions that aligns with the enterprise strategy.
- Stay abreast of information management trends and standards, master data management, data services, self-service business intelligence, metadata management, data quality, and data governance.
- Maintain an enterprise view of data across business systems and highlight opportunities for improvement.
- Architect and design the new data model on our new Azure platform.
- Create architecture artifacts.
- Create and maintain data dictionary and data lineage repository
- Contribute to vision for integrating relevant marketing, digital, commercial and operational data into the BI strategy.
- Work closely with business and development team peers inside and outside of the team, leverage these teams and foster a feedback loop of discovery / design / implementation and validation.
- Maintains expertise as SME in one technical disciplines, and defines architectural standards and best practices within those disciplines.
- Interacts with senior management to effect solutions for enterprise business requirements
- Guides architectural focus group as prime subject matter expert for chosen technical discipline
- Mentors Team members on new technologies in area of expertise
- Prepares and maintains documents including architecture diagrams, data models, and navigation maps
- Presents recommendations to address issues and risks in software and hardware systems and procedures across the organization
- Minimum of 5+ years hands-on data architecture experience, with proven ability to frame unstructured and complex technical problems.
- Experience in cloud platform technologies and warehousing implementation. Azure is a plus.
- Expert in Data modeling skills including 3NF, star schema, and multi-dimensional designs.
- Expert in Data Modeling tool experience, e.g. PowerDesigner (preferred) ERwin or ER-Studio.
- Expert in creating and maintain Source-to-Target Mapping and documentation.
- Expert knowledge with: SQL Server, APS, Teradata. ETL tools to build repeatable ETL processes (ex. Sql Server SSIS/DTS, Teradata BTEQ/TPT) Ability to create/interpret ERD's, data flow diagrams, and other technical documents.
- Experience in solution architecture, requirements collection, data profiling, ETL, SQL.
- Metadata management, data lineage, data governance, especially as related to Big Data
- Structured, Unstructured, Semi-Structured Data techniques and processes
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, implement and evolve data infrastructure assets to support material corporate initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to bridge gaps between requirements and design. Involved source system exploration, analysis and mapping exercised ability to effectively work independently and as participant of a large project team.
- Big Data Analytic frameworks and query tools such as Spark, Storm, Hive, Impala
- Streaming data tools and techniques such as Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Microsoft Streaming Analytics
- ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools such as Pentaho or Talend or Informatica, Microsoft SSIS a plus; also experience with ELT.
- Experience in Agile Methodologies.
This position requires the successful completion of a background investigation and/or drug screen.
Ciber Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Keep discovering! Click here.
Ciber Global is an IT consulting company who partners with organizations to develop technology strategies and solutions that deliver tangible business value. Founded in 1974, Ciber is an HTC Global Services company. For more information, visit www.Ciber.com.