It's more than a job. It's a passion.
Doka is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group
and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Summary of Position:
The Project Technician / Drafter produces AutoCAD drawings to illustrate the safe and proper use of Doka’s concrete formwork and shoring systems for contractors. He/she provides design and technical assistance from the preliminary stage of a project through its execution and completion. He/she will join an an engineering team who will work on some of the most exciting projects throughout the Colorado market.
The position will be based in Doka's exciting new Denver Branch office located in Sedalia, Colorado.
- Read, interpret and understand structural and architectural contract drawings.
- Work with the sales department during the bid stage of a project by producing proposal drawings to demonstrate the efficient formwork and shoring solutions offered by Doka.
- Produce field use drawings for construction projects that illustrate the proper use of Doka’s formwork and shoring systems in a safe and economical design.
- Provide material lists for quotations and for shipments to construction jobsites.
- Ensure that project work is designed in conformance with contractual requirements
and with the efficient use of available equipment inventory.
- Participate in jobsite visits to coordinate project work with contractors, to advise in the proper use of the Doka systems supplied, and to identify any improper implementation of the designs provided to take corrective actions as required.
- Extensive training in Doka formwork and shoring systems and the associated construction methods will be provided by an experience in-house training staff.
- HS Graduate or equivalent required, Associate’s degree in related field (engineering, construction, design, etc.) is preferable.
- Experience in AutoCAD and computer applications including Excel and Word.
- Experience in concrete formwork and shoring design and applications a plus.
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic to learn new equipment systems, concepts and methods.
- Organized team player able to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent blue print reading skills.
- Excellent communication skills including a command of English.
- Strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills.
Doka offers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life
insurance, 401k retirement plan (Roth and Non-Roth), AFLAC policies, paid time off (sick/personal, vacation, floating holiday and company paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join as a Project Technician/ Drafter as a member of Doka's exciting new Denver Team located in Sedalia, Colorado.
If joining an industry leader excites you, please submit your resume by clicking below.
If you have previously applied, it isnot necessary to apply again.
Visit us on-line atwww.dokausa.com for additional information on Doka USA, Ltd.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of the Umdasch Group
Candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.