Corinthian Cast Stone Inc., celebrating 20 years!
We are actively seeking a highly motivated Architectural Department Leader to join our Long Island NY Manufacturing group. The ideal candidate would have a combination of strong experience in 3D design for manufacturing, specifically in bespoke architectural façade design for manufacturing / fabrication, and team management.
Active Leader responsible for:
- Architectural / Engineering Department
- First and foremost you will be the department Coach and Leader, creating an environment that allows people to grow and give their best.
- Design and implementation and participation in the 3D workflow/ process from submittal drawings to manufacturing documents. Some project site visits / meeting will be required. OSHA / NYC DOB certifications are necessary.
- Continually meet with and collaborate with other department head to achieve company goals,
- Learn 3D scanning hardware and software (we own 3 laser scanners),
- Work with our in-house team to learn our deliverables required for both internal and external clients,
- Work with our consultant to transform 2D AutoCAD environment to 3D environment,
- Lead the internal training initiative to coach our staff from the 2D to 3D environment.
Candidates with a strong work ethic who are inventive, self-motivated, highly organized, personable, and can communicate clearly are encouraged to apply.
The preferred candidate has the following qualifications:
- Previous leadership in the development and implementation of 3d parametric modeling of building facades and architectural ornamentation for fabrication.
- Ability to recruit, mentor, and manage a team to produce shop and fabrication drawings.
- Maximize efficiencies in workflow and communication among and between teams: from drawing production to fabrication production.
- Expert knowledge in 3D scanning, Point Clouds, Recap, AutoCad Inventor, ILogic, AutoCad, Rhino, Excel, and Google Sheets.
- Ability to automate processes and create tools in Visual basic, Dynamo, Grasshopper, and/or other programming languages.
- Experience creating and delivering direct to fabrication CNC information is preferred. Strong technical knowledge + design aptitude is preferred
Compensation will be highly competitive and commensurate with work experience and skills.
Corinthian Cast Stone embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.