Reporting to the President, and VP of Operations, the Project Manager is primarily responsible for managing all aspects of assigned projects including Control, Organization, Planning and Communication with client, consultants, and the Corporate Team, insuring the efficient, cost effective completion of the following project elements: Site Investigation Reports; Preliminary Site Plan development; Pre-application meetings with local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ); Entitlement submittal, processing, and approval; Survey & Geotechnical studies; Construction document development; Permitting of construction documents with all required city, county, and state agencies; and Bid and construction support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all deliverables issued by the Company are complete, accurate and comply with customer's standards and specifications.
- Verifie drawings have been checked and signed off by designated personnel.
- Approve all drawing packages, exhibits and documents assembled.
Project Turn Over & Scheduling:
- Conduct design project tum over meetings with team members in person and via conference call
- Oversee program responsibilities to insure adherence to quality standards and timelines are met.
Budgeting and Financial Controls:
- Monitor project budgets to insure that budgeted hours are not exceeded.
- Insure that timely, accurate design services proposals and change order submittals are prepared and approved by client prior to commencing work.
- Maintain cost and budget controls for each assigned project element through systematic management of cost drivers.
- Conduct timely review of site specific project bill reviews and consultant invoicing, insuring prompt and accurate processing of all financial documentation.
- Addresses aging invoices and related collections as required.
- Manage outside consultants' activities and deliverables as required to insure accurate, cost effective completion of all assigned tasks.
- Consultant activities include, but are not limited to, Site Investigation Reports, land surveys, traffic studies, Geotechnical studies, structural engineering services, landscape architect services, renderings, and permit processing.
- Provide accurate and timely data input for your assigned projects.
- Ensure that all scheduled Project deliverables (status reports, meeting reports, site specific reports, preliminary plans, applications, drawings, bill reviews, etc.) are issued on schedule to all appropriate client and team members, such as; Corporate Management, Civil Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Landscape Architect, Client representatives, Various client consultants, Various City, County, and State jurisdictional representatives
- Understand and apply all relevant client design standards and procedures.
- Provide cost estimates, proposals, schedules and timelines and related deliverables as requested by client.
- Provide technical advice and counsel the clients, assisting them in achieving accurate understanding of project issues.
- Represent the Company and its clients by attending meetings with local municipalities, as required.
- Be responsible for quality and timeliness of all related applications and exhibits, negotiations on behalf of our clients' interests, and successful acquisition of all project permit approvals.
As Project Manager, this position will be fully responsible for all contributing corporate personnel and consultant activities, as well as the accuracy, cost controls, budget, reporting, and timeliness of all assigned projects and related client management.
Manage consulting associates who provide permitting, survey, geotechnical, structural, local design and landscape services. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these consultants. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; and appraising performance
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: MS Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher) and Project Management Software;
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, and flexible and enjoy working with a variety of staff.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision; able to manage multiple projects.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals