Client: Fortune 100 company
Title: Security Architect
Location: Palo Alto, CA OR Broomfield, CO OR Austin, TX OR Dallas, TX
Duration: 12 month to Direct Hire
W-2 Candidates ONLY
The Security Architect is responsible for reviewing technology designs, and designing security controls and solutions, to reduce the risk to Organization. The Security Architect will help to define the information security architecture and design for the VMware and our partners. The Security Architect is responsible for analyzing systems, applications and supporting infrastructure, and recommending and developing security measures to protect information against unauthorized access, modification or loss.
- Design and implementation of Infrastructure, Applications and Cloud solutions.
- The ability to design a broad range of security solutions.
- Demonstrable skills in Python, and a generally strong grasp on core computer science.
- Security in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Work closely with enterprise architects, other functional area architects, engineering, and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions and controls are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Manage and expand information security infrastructure technologies as required by projects and business as usual operations.
- Keep information security architecture evolving and up to date with emerging threats and vulnerabilities.
- Monitor industry security updates, technologies and best practices to improve security management
- Develop and maintain appropriate information security architecture documents and records
Support Solution Architects on security issues.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 6 years+ in Information Security Space.
- Proven experience in design, implementation and operation of large-scale security architecture solutions in a large and complex multi-supplier / multi-platform environment
- Direct experience with Amazon AWS
- Direct experience with Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Proven ability in security process and organizational design.
- Experience with security technologies, including PKI, Firewalls, DLP, web filtering, NAC, IDS/ IPS, SSO, Certificate Management, SIEM, Endpoint Protection, Anti-malware, vulnerability management is a huge plus.
- Experience with applicable information technology devices and systems.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation abilities.
- Current understanding of Industry trends and emerging threats.
- Well-rounded background in host, network, database, and application security.
- Experience implementing security controls in a self-service environment.
Security Domain Coverage Required
- Infrastructure Security
- Cloud/SaaS Security
- Web Application Security
- Cyber Security: Attack Scenarios / kill chain, threat actors and controls
- Secure SDLC Methodologies
- Threat Modelling
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Information Security Governance
- Information Security Architecture Experience within other Enterprise organizations
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.