Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world's largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
We are currently looking for an Area Loss Prevention Specialist (ALPS) to join our team in the Boston / Springfield area. This position is responsible for conducting employee investigations, responding to and providing guidance during critical incidents, and assessing new retail store locations. The ALPS is also be responsible for conducting store visits and making recommendations in order to increase the safety and security for our employees, customers and assets.
- Detect and investigate potential dishonest employee activity through transactional history, company reports and exception based reporting system
- Provide leadership and training to store management teams and employees on Loss Prevention training topics; including, but not limited to: physical security, critical incident response, theft deterrence and employee hotline awareness
- Assist with the coordination and rollout of Loss Prevention technology (cameras, alarm systems, etc.)
- Safely respond to critical incidents that arise, including, but not limited to: burglaries, robberies, natural disasters, employee threats, etc.
- Develop strong partnerships with local law enforcement and emergency services agencies
- Assess new retail store locations, and the general vicinity, in order to make recommendations for physical security measures that will keep our employees, customers and assets safe
- Develop strong business partnerships with Human Resources, Regional and District Managers, to ensure inclusion in training meetings, conference calls, store visits and safety/security concerns that may arise
- Maintain current knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, will consider work experience in lieu of degree
- Proven leadership background operating within multi-level team environment
- Strong analytical, investigative and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong time management skills, proven ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Proven ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including, Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook) XBR, Epicor
- Wicklander-Zulawski interviewing certification preferred Physical Demands – Environment and Work Conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Mathematical Skills – Level of mathematical skills needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability – Level of reasoning skills needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision. Life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
- Flexible Schedules