Title: Area Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Summary: The Area Manager will oversee a staff of Property Managers and a portfolio of various types of affordable housing properties in the Miami-Dade County area. They will be responsible for ensuring that projects are operating within regulations local, state, Federal, and administrative tenant programs. Reporting to the Vice President of Property Management, the Area Manager will be responsible for the asset level strategy and oversight within his/her portfolio.
He/she will assist in making the Property Management division more efficient by administering and implementing policies and procedures at the property level. In doing so, the Area Manager will be responsible for training and mentoring the Property Managers at each site.
The Area Manager, along with the assigned Property Managers, will be responsible for ensuring that the applicable Florida Housing programs are properly administered in compliance with the applicable rules, regulations and policies that govern the programs and make certain that all requirements committed to in the Regulatory Agreement (Land Use Restriction Agreement/Extended Use Agreement) are met on an ongoing basis.
The Area Manager will provide direct management supervision of their assigned Property Managers. In this regard, he/she will be responsible for ensuring that all units are suitable for occupancy, taking into account local health, safety and building codes, as well as HUD Physical Condition Standards and Inspection Requirements. The Area Manager will also be responsible for reviewing and ensuring that Tenant Income Certification and Recap of Tenant Income Certification Information are completed according to standardized guidelines.
- Provide and/or direct the creation of reports and analyses to aid in investment decisions. This includes the preparation of property budgets and other financial analyses, including any reports for the individual assets as required by Carrfour Senior Management.
- Establish standards to maximize cash flow, ensure the preservation of the assets and maintain long term value.
- Ensure Property Managers are following approved property policies and procedures as required by Senior Management.
- Ensure Property Managers are conducting and adhering to the approved verification of income process.
- Ensure Property Managers are complying with the requirements of the Florida Housing approved Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan, which is designed to promote equal housing choice for all prospective residents regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, or national origin.
- Ensure Property Managers market units that are suitable for occupancy, taking into account local health, safety and building codes, as well as HUD Physical Condition Standards and Inspection Requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 5 years’ experience in Property Management, affordable housing and project based is preferred.
- Strong background and work experience in Management Operations
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and property management software.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of government contract management and knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended period of time at a keyboard or workstation; to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work; to use hands in order to finger, handle, or feel; to reach with hands and arms; and to talk or to hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects and materials of light weight (up to 10 pounds). The employee is occasionally required to walk, to stand, to stoop, to kneel, and to crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate controlled office environment and the noise is usually moderate.
Please submit your Resume with cover letter to email@example.comHelp no later than Friday May 25, 2018.