Job ID: 137907
Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division, part of CRH South Division of Companies, is the leader in production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, and, with a team of skilled contracting professionals, Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division also offers design-build and conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction projects. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and with offices throughout Florida and in Savannah, Georgia, and Hardeeville, South Carolina, Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division performs asphalt paving, grading, and related roadway services. Our employees make Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
We are looking for a creative and proven leader to oversee all construction activities in PMI’s Orlando market area. The successful candidate will develop and implement business strategies, support a top performing safety culture, drive the development of new markets, and develop effective teams to achieve superior financial performance and growth, utilizing strategic agility to recognize and size-up existing and emerging market opportunities. This position will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of multiple projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of an Area Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure daily control of project(s): management and coordination of project personnel, equipment operations and subcontractor activities.
- Ensure all operations are in full compliance with Federal/State/Local Regulations including Environmental, OSHA/VOSHA, MUTCD and DOT Regulations.
- Knowledgeable with DOT specifications as well as ASTM, ASHTO, and MUTCD specifications.
- Ensure preparation of accurate cost estimates using historical data and productivity modules.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors, subcontractors, general contractors, as well as, customers/owners representatives.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and operating guidelines.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of project schedules, timecards, equipment hours, production reports, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Must have a good understanding of construction methods, materials and blue print reading.
- Daily communications with the internal/external stakeholders regarding project status.
- Monitor project costs and revenues by reviewing internal project reports.
- Optimize project efficiencies in transportation, materials and productivity rates.
- Ability to deal with employee issues and subcontractor/vendor performance issues.
- Ability to resolve problems and make project decisions that maximize project opportunities.
- Display strong leadership & teamwork skills.
- Other projects as directed by VP/GM of Construction
- Ensure the project meets or exceeds the QC/QA goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive management experience in road/highway construction or related business
- Proven track record of leading both labor intensive and/or large operations to exceptionally high levels of safety, quality and customer service performance
- Individuals must have a strong background in project management, estimating, and construction.
- Excellent analytical, financial and communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills
- Proficient in HCSS, or willing to become so in 6 months
- Willing to travel as required
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.