Work for one of the nation's leading integrated communications providers. Consolidated Communications offers challenging career opportunities and a true commitment to the communities we serve. We recognize the value of good employees because our business depends on it. If you are looking for an employer who offers growth opportunities, excellent benefits, recognition for performance and work/life balance, consider joining the Consolidated team. We offer a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package.
Visit our career page at: www.consolidated.com/careers to view the opportunities!
Consolidated Communications has an immediate opening for a Area Operations Manager with a least 8 years of relevant work experience.
Responsibilities associated with the installation, maintenance, and construction network elements at inside and outside plant structures and at the customer site. Responsibilities relate to the building, provisioning, installation and maintenance of telecommunications technology serving external customers. Provides planning, analysis, recommendations and work guidance in support of productivity, quality and customer service and provides operations support in multiple areas including: construction, installation and maintenance, central office operations and equipment installation. Support may be specific to a region. Responsible for managing the activities of a department/sub-function with responsibility for financial and/or operational results. Translates functional/operational goals into team goals. Manages implementation of policies, procedures, and programs. Responsible for projects or broad programs. Provides technical leadership and subject matter expertise across multiple large-scale, complex initiatives. Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards. Regularly interacts with senior management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management level responsible for planning, organizing, integrating, coordinating, and controlling the activities of a department and/or functional area. Work may be accomplished through subordinate supervisors or direct management of employees.
- Accountable for results in terms of costs, budgets, operational goals, and employees.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Act as an advisor and or expert to subordinates for elevated issues and problems. Works on diverse issues that require significant interpretation.
- Leads large project teams and/or organizational/functional programs. Identifies appropriate resources needed and develops plans/schedules.
- Acts as a team lead within department, work unit or project and delegates work to team members. May supervise sub-projects or smaller projects.
- Responsible for projects or broad programs. Provides technical leadership and subject matter expertise across multiple large-scale, complex initiatives. Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Contributes to departmental activities and programs by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Possesses a broad knowledge of the area being managed. Understands management techniques with the ability to resolve employee relations issues, performance and rewards issues.
- Accountable for project or program results. Exercises considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Work is varied within a sometimes ambiguous environment. Work requires constant interpretation. Solves a wide range of complex problems. Provides solutions to multiple business or technical issues that have organization-wide impact.
- Advanced skills within a professional discipline and general knowledge of other areas. Requires independent thinking. Demands full use and application of principles, theories, concepts and technologies.
Required Education & Experience:
In order to accomplish the essential duties of this position, the incumbent must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 8 - 10 years of directly related job experience in the function or discipline managed.
5 years of managerial experience.
Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
Equal Opportunity Employer --- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, familial status, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.