This position is responsible for directing and executing all sales activities of the District Sales Managers within the assigned area. Also includes managing the sales budget and ensuring a motivated, knowledgeable and well-trained sales management team. Position covers the Houston, TX region.
- Ensure effective staffing, training, development, performance management and employee relations.
- Establish and maintain effective customer and distributor relationships.
- Ensure coordination of sales activities with multiple functions.
- Develop sales accounts.
- Provide input in the development of sales plans.
- Ensure sales and profit targets are achieved.
- Track performance of each district in the area to identify opportunities and corrections.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and a minimum of 3 years related sales management experience required. Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Work requires experience as a District Sales Manager or Account Sales Manager in consumer products.
- Work requires experience in supervising sales employees.
- Work requires ability to negotiate effectively and persuade others.
- Work requires ability to communicate effectively in oral presentations and in writing.
- Work strongly prefers the ability to communicate in English and Spanish.
- Work requires ability to make decisions which effectively impact the business.
- Work requires a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Work requires basic knowledge of the grocery industry.
- Candidates must live in the geographic area to ensure a reasonable commute and access to customers and distributors in assigned district.
Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods depends solely on your qualifications. Mission Foods is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail or call 972.232.5200 to let us know the nature of your request.