The West Coast Area Sales Manager will be responsible for managing/growing accounts within the West Coast Region and can be home-based anywhere on the West Coast, or in NV or CO. They will work in conjunction with the Engineering, Technical Commercial Support, and Customer service teams to best serve customers and grow the organization.
Our client is an international electrical component manufacturer based in France, with a subsidiary office located in Boston, MA. This company is always on the cutting-edge of technology, investing over 10% of their sales into R&D. Their product lines include load break switches, transfer switches, fuse protection, electronic protection, UPS's, and more. As the company is currently growing internationally in both headcount and sales, this company is in search of natural leaders who will be able to grow with the company and eventually take on management positions.
The West Coast Area Sales Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Daily area management and development of existing or potential direct accounts, indirect accounts, distributors and new customer prospecting
- Regional development of key/large existing and potential customers
- Liaise with North American central office in Cambridge for project pricing support
- Development and support of target segments (HVAC, Solar, etc.)
- Minimum target of 300 visits per year
- Requested minimum of 18 trips outside home base
- One trip to Europe for training and/or customer visits
Applicants for the West Coast Area Sales Manager should possess the following qualifications:
- Background in Engineering (Electrical is preferred, mechanical could be accepted)
- At least 5 years experience with technical product or in regional sales
- Product knowledge of power control/safety, energy efficiency, or UPS products
- Skills/aptitudes: open minded, good interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, persuasive
- Base salary + annual bonus
- 80% of medical/dental/vision benefits company paid
- Strong 401k plan
- Profit sharing
- PTO/Company Holidays/Sick days
- Uniquely diverse work environment with strong sense of community
Click to apply now!