Are you doing what you love? We are!
Why? At our core, we are a resiliency-building company. Our purpose is to unleash the power of our employees and participants to create a resilient world, one person at a time.
As an innovative, learning and collaborative organization, every position contributes to this purpose and our employees are the heart and soul of who we are. We support healthy work/life balance for our employees and invest in their potential through opportunities for continual learning and growth.
If this resonates with you, then read on!
About our Artistic Behavioral Health Specialist:
The Artistic Behavioral Health Specialist will primarily provide psycho-social rehabilitation services and skill-building classes to Youth/Adults in a supportive art studio environment. Incumbent must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
What an Artistic Behavioral Health Specialist Does at Resilient Health:
- Provide counseling and psycho-social rehabilitation services using expressive arts to adults with diagnosis of a serious mental illness, general mental health, co-occurring concerns, and/or youth with behavioral health concerns.
- Provide Art Therapy groups.
- Complete intake (initial) and updated assessments (including diagnosis) with participants and participating family members or other supportive individuals.
- Develop individualized treatment plans in coordination with participants, their family, and additional stakeholders as appropriate.
- Oversee the health, safety, and welfare of participants in the program.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with community agencies, case managers and clinical teams.
- Participate in clinical staffing and individual service planning sessions with case managers, treatment staff, family members and others to identify and meet participant treatment and transition needs.
- Assist participants in identifying and developing realistic treatment goals.
- Maintain information on community resources for participant assistance and support.
- Provide education, assistance and support to family members and others involved with the participant to enhance awareness of mental health challenges and to increase their ability to contribute to the counseling and/or rehabilitation process.
- Conduct and document continuing assessments of participant functioning.
- Maintain participant records and other documentation according to agency standards.
- Provide emergency face-to-face counseling and/or crisis intervention as needed to avert or in response to participant needs.
- Review clinical documentation for approval in electronic medical record as requested as needed
- Complete reviews for medical necessity as need for program participants as needed
- Complete documentation within the identified agency and state requirements and timeframes.
- Attend supervision and training to attain the amount of hours as required by state licensing standards.
- Maintain mobile services and van if provided.
- As requested, participate in program and organizational events and functions.
- Provide back-up to other staff as needed and/or as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required.
What You Would Bring to Our Company as an Artistic Behavioral Health Specialist:
- General knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability; learning and motivation; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Knowledge of expressive and therapeutic arts principles and methods.
- General knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and for career counseling and guidance.
- General knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Knowledge of requirements for the safe handling of protected health information.
- Behavioral health assessment and rehabilitation.
- Expressive and therapeutic arts principles and methods.
- Principles and methods of psycho-social rehabilitation.
- Special needs and characteristics of the participant population.
- Skilled in counseling principles and methods.
- Skilled in methods used to prevent violent behavior or behavior harmful to the participant or others.
- Knowledge of how to provide behavior management in crisis situations.
- The ability to communicate information in speaking so others will understand.
- The ability to come up with or to develop creative ways to solve a problem. Education,
Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Experience providing psycho-social rehabilitation services to adult participant populations and/or youth and families preferred.
- Strong skills in the arts either visual and/or musical.
- Behavioral health experience/education to qualify as a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT). Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) preferred but not required.
- Master�s degree in counseling, social work, art therapy, marriage and family therapy, psychology or related human service field or equivalent work experience.
- National and/or Arizona certification as an art therapist, social worker, counselor, mental health professional required.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Valid Arizona or other state driver�s license.
- Valid automobile insurance.
- Valid CPR/First Aid certifications or ability to obtain within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card or ability to obtain within ninety (90) days of hire.
- Three (3) year MVR (driving record) that meets the agency�s auto insurance carrier�s coverage requirements.
What You Would Need to be Able to Do:
- Must be able to lift and carry boxes/packages up to 20 pounds as needed
- Must be able to push and pull file cabinet/desk drawers open and closed daily
- Must be able to retrieve items/supplies on overhead shelves and bend/stoop to reach files located in bottom file cabinets.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to use calculator, telephone, keyboard and various office machines on a daily basis and be able to write.
- Must be able to communicate both in person and on the telephone, enter information on the computer and read various instructions.
- Must be able to read numbers, reports, and computer terminals.
- Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action
- Personal maturity is an important attribute
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure Ability to give, receive and analyze information, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans
- Ability to do simple math calculations, input data into the computer, and analyze data.
These Would be Your Working Conditions:
- Usually works in a typical office setting or open art studio.
Where You�ll be Located: 4655 S. Lakeshore Drive, Tempe, Arizona
If all of this sounds like something you were born to do, then we would love to hear from you! Please Apply!