Oldcastle Materials Texas Region
Job ID: 140008
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
We are seeking an experienced Asphalt Paving Foreman or Foreperson to supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in spreading, rolling, tamping, and patching asphalt or similar material to form surfaces of highways, streets, parking lots, aircraft landing strips, and driveways.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the safety of crew members and the public who may interact with job.
- Training new crew members.
- Calculating the number of trucks required to haul asphalt from the hot plant according to vehicle capacity, traffic conditions, distance from work site, and productivity of drivers.
- Touring job sites to ascertain progress in meeting time schedules, to detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment, measure slope and material thickness to verify compliance with contracts, and to supervise the job.
- Supervising and coordinating crew activities, studying production schedules, and estimating work requirements for completion of job assignment in compliance with or beating the job estimate.
- Maintaining time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing.
- Maintaining company policy.
- Recommends measures to improve productions methods, equipment performance, product quality, and crew performance
- Will directly supervise 5 to 10 asphalt paving employees
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and 3 years of related asphalt and paving experience or an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to type and use keyboards accurately and possess knowledge of Database software.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to keep time and material records.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction and communicate effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills and attributes.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Gulf Coast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.