Job ID: 137933
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
Person is responsible for the daily operation of the HMA batch or drum plant. Individual shall interact with customers, paving fore-people, aggregate and AC drivers. Plant operator shall be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the HMA operation on a daily basis. Individual will also perform repair and maintenance duties that include cutting, welding and metal fabrication.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
Assist the plant foreperson with the daily operations and upkeep of the plant.
- Inspect and perform maintenance on plant parts, including:
- ability to access bottom and upper baghouse to inspect and change bags
- ability to access dryer to inspect, maintain, and replace dryer flights
- ability to inspect and clean burner tip and nozzle
- ability to perform other maintenance related duties on-site as required by supervisors
- Ability to maintain and operate front end loaders
- Ability to access all areas of the plant to perform necessary maintenance and repairs
- Knowledge all applicable regulations affecting asphalt plant production, safety environmental, state, federal, and company policies; ensure observance of such regulations; and ensure compliance with all regulations and permit conditions
- Must be competent with computers and have a thorough knowledge of window based programs
- Perform welding, fabrication and electrical duties as required
- Ability to detect safety hazards and malfunctions and respond accordingly
- Ability to follow directions
- Must be able to accurately complete daily paperwork which includes plant production reports, material produced and sales reports and nightly deposits from cash customers
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to perform basic mathematical skills.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
This position requires an employee to lift:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud and may require protective equipment.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.