CSI Aerospace Inc, a very successful, fast-paced subsidiary of HEICO Corporation, a NYSE-traded company (NYSE: HEI) is seeking a Brazer. The Brazer performs various bench and/or assembly operations to electrical assemblies and subassemblies.
- Completes assemblies or subassemblies per documentation provided.
- Apply brazing material using oxygen/acetylene hand torch to join component parts together.
- Works to approved documentation such as assembly prints, Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions (WI).
- Hand shaping of electrical wiring and installation into component parts.
- Use of shop tools and various shop equipment.
- Document traceability of components used in assembly on manufacturing orders.
- Provides feedback to Production Supervisor regarding problems and issues involved in assembly of products or documentation
- Adheres to company procedures and policies regarding personnel and quality issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Hands on production using small hand tools and shop equipment.
- Mechanically inclined and detail oriented
- Previous experience in a production or manufacturing environment preferred.
Specialized Knowledge or Abilities:
- Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills
- Reasoning Abilities: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; bend, squat, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The team member may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works near high temperature torch brazing equipment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled