OVERVIEW: The Assembler II position is responsible for product assembly of the highest quality in accordance with established processes and procedures and a clear understanding of work flow efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assemble products efficiently while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Adhere to established manufacturing processes.
- Understand part flow and identify various parts.
- Perform inspection of parts for any defects.
- Read and understand work orders, work instructions, drawings and job spec sheets.
- Maintain inventory levels of raw materials located in the assembly area.
- Ensure manufacturing area is clean, safe and organized.
- Ability to use quality control measuring tools and fixtures located in assembly.
- Adhere to all ISO requirements in the assembly area including, but not limited to identification and isolation of defective tools, machinery and parts.
- Ability to thoroughly and effectively train temps and Assembler I and II employees.
- Ability to measure and record the quality metrics collected in work area.
- Follow company policy and procedures.
- Additional duties as requested or required by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Prism Medical products and the manufacturing processes.
- Ability to perform at least 3 lower level product assemblies proficiently.
- Ability to be crossed trained and work in other departments or areas of production.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Uses time efficiently.
- Meets productivity standards.
- Completes work in timely manner.
- Works quickly.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); and 5 years related experience using hand tools and pneumatic drilling equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
- None required.
- Basic PC skills and basic search skills in Multiflex ERP System.
The employee may frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch during shift. Employee will be required to regularly sit, use hand to finger, handle, feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee must be able to occasionally lift and or move up to 50 lbs.
- This position works in an environment with moderate noise levels.