Performs soldering, assembly and other related tasks in the manufacture of frequency control and RF electronics products for space flight, high-reliability/military and commercial applications.
• Have excellent soldering, workmanship and inspection skills
• Knowledge of J-STD-001 class 3 or IPC-610 class 3 workmanship standards
• Able to work on miniature surface mount discrete and fine pitch components with aid of microscopes as necessary
• Experience stripping, soldering and assembling wire harnesses and cable assemblies which includes the ability to read, interpret and make measurements in inches using fractions.
• Experience with performing rework and repair work
• Use sound engineering practices and good judgment in performing tasks
• Capable of following directions, working with limited documentation and participate in generating new documentation
• Be highly organized and capable of working on multiple projects
• Have excellent verbal and written skills
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
• Ability to identify electronic component types, sizes and values
• Ability to work with basic test equipment and tools to perform simple functional tests is a plus
• Ability to work on computers is a plus
Only candidates with direct experience in hand soldering of surface mount components who are interested in pursuing a full-time career as an Engineering/Prototype/Production Assembler with the possibility of growth in related responsibilities should apply. Funds for relocation are not available.
Job Type: Full-time