• Performs a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and/or optical areas.
• Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, diagnoses, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems.
• Works from schematics, engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions.
• Operates related equipment; conducts tests and reports data in prescribed format.
• Performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed; prepares prescribed compounds and solutions.
• Experience with through-hole (PTH) and/or surface mount technology (SMT) automatic assembly equipment to produce high quality complex printed circuit board assemblies.
• Experience with PTH or SMT automatic assembly equipment set-up, operations and routine maintenance.
• Hand place/solder some PTH/SMT components.
• Ability to use standard electronic hand tools (soldering irons, wires strippers crimpers, etc.) and materials (solder, flux, adhesives, conformal coatings).
• Ability to program various PTH or SMT automatic assembly equipment (pick and place, reflow oven, conformal coating system, selective solder system, etc.).
• Previous or current J-STD-001 CIS certification.
• Previous or current IPC-A-610 CIS certification.
• Ability to work to preliminary drawings/minimal work instructions in an engineering lab environment.
• Ability to troubleshoot / perform simple tests using electronic test equipment.