Laser Components DG, Inc. has an immediate need for an Assembly Operator. This is a position within the Manufacturing Group working Monday – Friday, 40 hours a week. This is a temporary position with a strong possibility of temporary to permanent after 3 months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities for this position involve picking and organizing raw material for assembly, building specialized Avalanche Photo-Diodes and other specialized parts in TO packages. Assembly includes detailed manual work under a microscope with tweezers, building, centering, testing, bonding, capping, welding, and marking parts in Manufacturing.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Manufacturing Operator capable of:
- Working with very small parts under a microscope or specialized video equipment. (Most parts are about 1mm in diameter)
- Must have excellent vision and good hand-eye coordination.
- Able to interpret product drawings and schematics, as well as follow verbal and written instructions.
- Responsible and accountable for producing high quality work to prescribed standards (military and commercial), with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule and within budget.
- Capable of being trained across the entire product line, and working with Engineering on new or emerging products as well as producing first articles.
- Ability to multi-task. This is a great opportunity to start a career. Someone who can work at a fast pace and has the desire to transition from the fast-food industry would be an excellent candidate.
- Demonstrated history of successful work experience.
- Proven track record in assembly or soldering operations, ability to work in small places is desirable.
- Excellent punctuality and attendance.
About Laser Components DG, Inc. Laser Components is a specialized Manufacturing company located in Tempe, AZ (near Elliot and 101). LCDG has been in existence more than 10 years and is growing more than 20% year-on-year; 2016 to 2017. (2018 looks like even more growth) All permanent employees in addition to regular pay, receive holiday pay and sick time, as well as company paid medical, dental, and vision; at no cost to the employee.
Starting pay (first 90 days): This is a temporary position for the first 90 days, the pay is $15.00/hour. If you do well and the position converts to permanent after 90 days, you will be eligible for a permanent position as well as all the benefits listed above.