Manufacturing Assembly Technician – Lithium Batteries
TEMPORARY POSITION – Up to 6 months with opportunity to be offered permanent position
PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER THAT ADDRESSES THE REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS AND HIGHLY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE.
Spear Power Systems manufactures advanced lithium ion batteries for defense, marine, mining and renewable energy applications. We deliver value to our customers by designing, manufacturing and integrating high power, high voltage battery systems deployed in challenging environments. Our team members are creative, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial partners in our success.
Spear is seeking an energetic, independent team member to aid in the manufacturing of our products. Spear values teamwork, innovation, inquisitiveness, leadership and accountability.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assembling battery modules and systems based upon drawings, models and work instructions, as well as conducting in-process testing and teaching/working with other members of the team.
Responsibilities: Assemble components and systems based upon work instructions, drawings/schematics, or models.
- The role is envisioned for a candidate with relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to follow work instructions and read drawings and schematics to build product.
- Excellent ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong initiative, teamwork, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Associates degree in electrical engineering technology strongly preferred.
U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Residence required to support government contracts.
Location – this position is located at Spear’s office in the Kansas City (Grandview, MO) area. Spear will not be offering relocation allowances.
Spear is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Spear to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Spear will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.