Assistant Buyer/Erie, Pennsylvania
Our Client, a contractor in Erie, Pennsylvania, has an opening for an Assistant Buyer. This position is responsible for the purchasing of equipment, necessary materials and all other supplies as needed to “build out” a project in a timely & cost-effective manner. In addition, the chosen candidate will be responsible for establishing annual procurement contracts with KEY vendors who can provide “just in time” delivery to project sites. Requirements for success in this position include developing procedures & processes to ensure the timely replenishment of stock items; establish the parameters & request quotes based on project specifications, delivery and other critical factors for that project; and establish purchasing processes/procedures & best practices to enhance the overall purchasing process that will improve the efficiency of buying and the delivery of products & needed materials for each project at or below budget.
The ideal candidate will possess an Associate Degree/BA in materials, supply side or inventory/logistics management or have a minimum of seven-ten years of working in a procurement role for a general contractor with experience in “just in time” principles & long-term vendor relationships. A take charge attitude, demonstrated effective negotiation experience/skills, excellent computerskills(purchasing process & inventory software), an understanding of construction processesand a desire to fulfill internal/external customer requirements are required traits. Dependability, reliabilityandexcellent written/verbal communication skills along with a positive attitude, good interpersonal and strong listening skills are also desired.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Establish annual procurement contracts with vendors to provide “just in time” delivery to project sites
- Develop process & procedures to replenish stock items
- Send out RFQ’s that achieve the best product value and delivery options to meet the needs of each individual project
- Ensure that all documentation and inventory information & updates are current, correct and relevant for all internal users & management
- In addition to individual project procurement, ensure that the purchasing requirements within the company are facilitated in a timely & cost-effective manner
- Supply the warehouse with stock items & actively participate in the periodic and annual inventory audit process
- Compile data or documentation as required
- Explain purchasing regulations, policies or procedures as applicable & appropriate
- Interview employees, vendors, customers or others to collect information
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with the requisite experience/background to embark on a new career with a progressive organization. A competitive wage, dependent upon experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, isavailable for the successful candidate. All responses will be held in confidence. Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing why you are the right candidate for this position.