The Assistant Demand Planner will work alongside the Senior Manager to better assist within the forecasting, and projections for major domestic and international accounts for the company. A role that has room for growth quickly, with great work ethic and persistence.
Our client is a well known consumer goods business specializing in soft goods. With an international presence as well, there is opportunity for exposure within multiple markets.
- Perform inbound product analysis allowing early alert of new products for bin planning and first receipt processing through weekly New Item Report
- Aligns demand team with POS summary data for key accounts, enabling transparency of retail trends and outliers
- Responsible for ad-hoc updates of event data, inventory metrics, and new items into demand planning system
- Oversee the non-EDI order process by reviewing non-EDI forms from account executives and log onto a master tracking form. Communicate all orders to our domestic office and send the tracking log weekly to our shipping manager
- Participate in strategic department planning meetings as well as cross functional meetings
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in merchandising, supply chain logistics or related industry required
- 1-2 years' experience in planning
- Proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Office required
- strong communication skills with the ability to influence, multi-task and attention to detail
The offer on the table is a competitive salary including a full benefits, vacation and 401k package. Summer Fridays, team lunches, and monthly outings are included as well. A beautiful new office space in the heart of Manhattan!