Assistant Front End Managers are responsible for ensuring outstanding guest service on the Front End, ensuring that the overall appearance of the department meets company standards and guidelines, changing and updating shelf tags, handling audits for departments as needed, and protecting company assets. Assistant Front End Managers assists the Front End Manager to ensure compliance with Cashiers and Courtesy Clerks on all company policies and procedures through proper handling of all transactions and corresponding documentation, such as refunds, check approval, team member discounts, price overrides, coupons, gift cards, and other transactions that require supervisory assistance. Also, the Assistant Front End Manager is responsible for the presentation and merchandising of Front End displays. Assistant Front End Managers will work with the Front End Manager to ensure all new department associates receive proper training and tools to succeed.
- Assists with all functions and activities of the Front End. Helps to reduce losses due to shrink, damage and pilferage.
- Performing weekly audits for departments across the store; updating shelf tags and signage as needed; performing cash handling duties and protecting company assets; reviews refunds and adheres to company policies and guidelines; assisting with signage needs throughout the store; ensuring that all state and local alcohol sale policies and guidelines are followed.
- Maintaining merchandising standards for registers and end caps; maintaining a neat, organized, and safe Front End.
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide a great atmosphere for both guests and team members, all while maintaining the overall appearance of the department.
- Assist other departments with inventories; enforces and follows department practices regarding rotation, stocking and the unloading of product to ensure freshness and quality.
- Ensuring that company quality and safety duties are enforced, including inspecting and storing products to ensure quality, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner and completing any necessary reports. Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation and preparation while providing overall exceptional service to ensure a positive and lasting guest impression. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Observe all store rules, Company policies and handbook guidelines, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by store management. Must wear approved apron.
- Maintains knowledge of weekly ad items; gives guests direction of product location throughout the store.
- Maintains excellent communication within the department and store management at all times.
- Directly participates in on-the-job training efforts in the department. Works together with the Front End Manager to conduct performance reviews.
- Addressing and greeting guests; answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product recommendations and accommodating special requests and sampling as needed.
- Ensuring the retention of team members.
- Demonstrating the necessary leadership skills.
- Ability to listen to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences.
- Properly handle, transport and store products; ensuring practices are strictly adhered to TFM standards.
- Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within specified deadlines.
- Utilize training resources and fellow team members to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics.
- Have knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide and assist guests in finding complete meal solutions.
- Oral and written communication skills that allow for productive communication with co-workers, management and guests.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Front End Management experience is preferred.
What you bring to the job:
- Organization and highly detailed oriented
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to follow through on deliverables and meet objectives and deadlines
- A LOVE of food
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Superior guest focus
- Be a team player, goal-oriented
- Excellent time management
- Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced environment
Work Environment/Physical Responsibilities
- Work involves continuous interaction with guests and co-workers in a fast-paced environment.
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, bending and reaching.
- Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 20-40lbs.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezers, outdoors, etc.).
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours.
At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this is expressly declared to be 'at will,' meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent's employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any team member. Any change to this 'at will' employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel.