Wahlburgers Assistant Manager
As an Assistant Manager, this position will be responsible for assisting upper level management in the Wahlburgers operations. Will direct other employees through daily routines and interact with customers ensuring they have a satisfactory experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly guest service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all guest interactions and treating guests as the most important people in the facility.
- Smiles and greets guests in a friendly manner, when wearing the Wahlnurgers’ uniform.
- Makes an effort to learn about customers and to address them by name whenever possible
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to guests who call including taking product orders.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure guest satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Checks orders for the day and sets up a timeline and production schedule.
- Reviews daily production list with department employees and assigns tasks for completion.
- Ensures the proper amount of staff on each shift to handle guest needs.
- Controls inventory through constant monitoring of products.
- Ensures supply area is clean and orderly.
- Handles and satisfies guest issues.
- Assists in monthly inventory: posts invoices and helps with counts.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat, and maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Monitors food preparation and methods.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Works closely with restaurant and service staff.
- Assists in hiring, training, and scheduling of food service personnel.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in writing schedules for the restaurant.
- Trains employees in department duties.
- Assists in ordering all products and supplies for the restaurant.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Instructs, assigns, reviews and plans work of others. Maintains standards, coordinates and executes activates/promotions.
Education and Experience
High school or equivalent; Proper food handling and safety training; two to four years of similar or related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Possesses the ability to compose original correspondence; interprets written work instructions; interviews job applicants; follows technical manuals and has increased contact with people.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities/skills.
- Ability to interpret and manage recipes to ensure compliance and minimize waste
- Ability to spot problems and resolve them quickly and efficiently, maintains a level head, and delegates many tasks simultaneously
- Maintains impeccable personal hygiene; high work and safety standards; set an example for the remainder of staff
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on guest service.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates track record of creativity, training, cost controls and understands the intricacies of running day to day very busy, uncompromising kitchens
- Strong passion for culinary excellence, bar knowledge and service
- Stable job history which demonstrates upward career progression
This position is frequently exposed to a cool environment, dampness, noise from equipment, and vibrations from some equipment. There are possible equipment movement hazards from slicers and choppers. There is daily exposure to cleaning chemicals and solvents. This is a fast paced work environment.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches and more than 20 feet with or without correction, color vision, depth perception, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, prolonged standing and walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Cash register, slicer, fryers, flattop, ovens, steamer, computers, fax machine, telephone, copier, calculator, utensils, stoves, grills, toasters, can opener, griddle, thermometers, knives, dishwasher, ice machine, coffee maker, scales, pop machine, bar equipment, and restaurant point of sale system
Has daily contact with customers, suppliers/vendors, and the general public. Occasional contact with federal or state regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Responsible for company assets including equipment and merchandise.
Has access to confidential information including gross percentage/sales, and employee wages
If interested apply online: www.Wahlburgersrestaurant.com or www.Hy-Vee.com/careers
filter by location: WDMWahlburgers
Contact Recruiting Specialist: Anthony Cosentino/ email@example.com or call 515-537-8758