General Statement of Duties
Assists the Project Manager and Construction Superintendent with various tasks in the completion of mechanical construction projects. These tasks include selecting vendors and suppliers, issuing purchase orders for materials, reviewing submittal data for materials and equipment, coordination with the project team, commissioning, and project closeout. The APM reports to the Project Manager; however, the APM may be assigned to work at the direction of the Superintendent on-site to assist with field coordination, material deliveries, verification that equipment is received as ordered, and project commissioning. The APM may perform tasks on multiple projects, depending on the needs of the Project Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Attributes
- Willing to learn the mechanical construction process including engineering, construction, productivity, progress measurement, and safety.
- Demonstrate leadership ability, including the ability to motivate a team toward a shared goal
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior interpersonal communication, organizational and time management skills
- Creative and innovative problem solving skills
- Ability to appropriately plan, prioritize and organize to complete objectives
- Ability to effectively interact with senior management, project leadership, and field personnel
- Proven risk assessment skills and sound judgment/decision making skills are essential
- Be trustworthy, respectful, diligent, self-starting, motivated, and goal oriented.
Qualifications Preferred, but not Required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College graduate with Mechanical Engineering or Building Construction degree is preferred.
- Project Management or Field Supervisory experience
Erickson Associates, Inc. is a Mechanical Contracting Company specializing in HVAC, Plumbing, Refrigeration, Medical Gas, Industrial Piping, and Design Build Projects serving the commercial and industrial needs of Georgia and the remaining Southeast.