Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide more than 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics and fluoride crystals to meet demand for unique customer needs. Consequently, this segment operates in a wide variety of commercial and industrial markets that include display optics and components, semiconductor optics components, aerospace and defense, astronomy, ophthalmic products, telecommunications components, and cover glass that is optimized for portable display devices.
Purpose of this position: You, as the Assistant Product Line Manager will be responsible for leading specific glass products within the Gorilla Glass full-sheet product portfolio to maximize profitability through the product life cycle. This includes engaging in decisions on defining what products to develop and offer, building value proposition and selling tools, assisting with forecasting, and serving as a key collaborate with the Gorilla Glass commercial, finance, manufacturing, quality, and engineering organizations for day to day operations.
- Work with Corning Glass Technologies (CGT) Industry Intelligence and the Gorilla Glass commercial and technical organizations to understand market trends, technologies, and advanced products
- Articulate our value propositions, product attributes, specifications, basis of competition and product trajectory; become an authority on downstream use of our products
- Support the development of Gorilla Glass annual product line plans, Green Book (5-year plan) and Black Book (Budget)
- Provide and maintain necessary sales tools such as positioning statement, value proposition presentation, and other sales tools to customer-facing organizations to ensure effective deployment of product line strategies
- Collect voice of customer feedback regarding new products and services and product changes/upgrades
- Provide internal and external training on new product offerings, product changes and product end-of-life planning
- Interpret customer needs and provide key input/decision for capacity planning through forecasting and demand management process
- Help with the development of product pricing strategies
- Work with sales organization to segment customer base and prioritize customer interactions at the product level
- Work with legal and sales teams to define contractual terms and participate in the approvals of the supply agreement process
- Work with marketing communications to support development of external communications, including product collateral, tradeshow, and conference materials, press releases, public relations, web communications and social media as appropriate Required Skills:
- Strong business acuity
- Strong analytical abilities with able to turn quantitative analysis into significant business insights
- Validated ability to interface and work in teams with people across functional and geographic boundaries
- Excellent social skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to lead business relationships using combination of data driven analysis, critical thinking, networking, and strong social skills
- Ability to work independently, deftly, and effectively in a dynamic working environment supporting the Mobile Consumer Electronics industry
- Ability to handle stressful environment
- Well-organized, process-oriented with systematic approach to problem solving
Education / Experience:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field
- Desired: MBA or equivalent
- 3+ years of business or management experience
Travel Requirements: Up to 30% of time both within US and internationally
Work Hours: 40+ hours per week
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.