In this role, you will directly support a Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, or Project Executive on a given project from inception through completion.
Our client is a Miami based General Contractor with a diverse project portfolio. They are currently seeking an experienced APM with ground-up experience who is interested in joining the company for a long-term opportunity.
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with subcontractors to assess project progress, schedule, changes and deliveries
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents and project coordinators to ensure progress toward the common goal is achieved
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the construction industry with a commercial general contractor
- Experience as Assistant Project Manager or Asst. Super
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Science
- Proficiency with computer software used in the construction industry - Procore, Excel, P6, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial to success of the Commercial Superintendent
- Strong communication skills
- Career goals and strong work ethic
- Competitive base salary depending on project experience and skills
- Company cell phone and iPad
- Full health
- Paid vacation + sick time
- Paid holidays
- Great career progression