Directs project management services on assigned client projects, providing superior client service.
A national construction company that has a primary focus of Roads and Highways in their Texas offices.
- Oversees project implementation and execution through completion of construction.
- May manage multiple interior improvement projects including programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting, and construction management.
- Proficient at managing multiple projects up to 50k RSF. May assume responsibility up to 100k RSF.
- Builds and carries out marketing and development initiatives to best deliver results to existing and potential clients.
- Oversees capital improvement/asset preservation programs with design and construction processes at multiple sites through local resources, with minimal oversight.
- Develops or assists in developing project budget including hard and soft costs.
- Manage project budgets for subject properties and maintain monthly forecasts and cash flow analysis.
- Responsible for project scheduling and project decisions based upon owners' objectives which may include, but is not limited to- site improvements, entitlements, permits, consultant selection; design team management, schedule creation and management, contractor selection and management, financial management including cash flows, anticipated cost reports and monthly reports.
- Assists in or assembles and manages required teams of consultants and contractors. (Negotiates contracts with each team member; Interfaces with architects, client staff, property managers and vendors).
- Maintains client relationships and may assist in or manages conflict resolution.
- Provides appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met.
- Develops relationships with consultants/contractors/vendors and evaluate their performance.
- Operates independently on activities relevant to project. Defers policy issues and employment related issues to higher management levels.
Growth of the Company
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Manager or Project Lead.
- Assists Market Leader and Regional Management in the establishment and refinement of best practices of standards of excellence.
- Assists in training and developing team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
- May perform business development activities including but not limited to- assisting with or leading the sourcing, pitching, and securing of new business and projects within local markets.
- Participates regularly in client meetings or business development presentations as part of a Team to help demonstrate our capabilities. Assists with the development of marketing materials and support information/data. Maintains a working knowledge of business unit's available product and service offerings.
- Ensure that all accounts receivables are maintained at a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance, the project team and/or the Regional Operations Manager.
- 2-5 years as PM or similar role within Civil Construction projects.
Skills & Knowledge
- Firm knowledge of construction, architecture or commercial real estate industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with executive level internal & external clients
- Organizational & detailed-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage differing needs of the business.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to multi-task working within a team structure and independently.
- Assumes complete responsibility for assignments of moderate complexity, and continues to aggressively improve skill base.
- LEED, AIA, PE, PMP a plus
Market leading pay and benefits, inviting environment and strong pipeline.