This Assistant Project Manager will coordinate the activities of new home construction at the sub-division level according to my client's standards and processes. Additionally, you will ensure that quality and customer satisfaction are maintained throughout the construction process.
My client is a family owned developer located in DC specializing in custom homes and multi family projects. They have a well established brand bringing a level of quality unparalleled by their competitors.
The Assistant Construction Manager will:
- Work on residential (retail, restaurant, small ground up buildings) projects.
- Perform project management duties.
- Perform estimating duties.
- Explain safety programs to field employees and trade contractors, and make sure they follow it.
- Order materials and supplies and schedule deliveries.
- Receive, inspect, and verify all deliveries.
- Communicate with customers on jobsites. Answer their questions and ensure that construction meets their expectations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Travel from site to site.
The ideal Assistant Construction Manage will have:
- Degree in construction management, civil engineering and/or an understanding of the construction management process - field experience is desirable but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong organizational skills to track, maintain and follow up throughout the project to ensure that critical task are being completed per the drawings/specifications and on schedule.
- Ability to manage time effectively, efficiently and know how to prioritize task.
- Be able to understand and have general knowledge of accounting to track and monitor budget.
- Must be able to create and present weekly/monthly project reports to review with the project team members.
This Assistant Construction Manage Role offers:
- Extremely competitive base salary
- Bonus incentives
- PTO and a work life balance
- 401K & Benefits
- Ability to grow within an thriving business