Assistant Registrar for
The Assistant Registrar for Transfer Articulation and Programs will assist in building Illinois Wesleyan University’s transfer student population. The position will draft and maintain articulation agreements, transfer pathways, and various other documents necessary to establish and maintain relationships with transfer partner institutions and meet institutional and departmental goals for transfer. The position will encompass and engage with the five main areas of course work external to IWU: transfer students’ course work, new students’ dual credit course work, study abroad course work, IWU students supplemental transfer work after enrollment, and credit by exam.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft articulation agreements and various documents as needed to establish transfer programs with other institutions working with internal administration and contacts at other institutions.
- Use course equivalency information to draft 8-semester pathways for transfer students working in collaboration with IWU faculty/staff, and with faculty/staff at the transfer institution.
- Award institutional credit for general education, elective courses, and credit by exam by performing evaluation for institutionally established course equivalencies. Post all transfer credit work to students’ academic records as transcripts are received.
- Communicate with department faculty to determine and confirm transfer course equivalencies. Facilitate meetings between IWU faculty and faculty at transfer institutions.
- Advise students, prospective students, and families about articulation of transfer coursework, polices governing transfer, and selection of transfer coursework. Manage all communications including transfer of credit forms, credit earned prior to high school graduation, Banner workflow and/or SAUMAIL communications.
- Maintain course equivalencies and institutional information in Banner and perform regular review for accuracy.
- Perform credit evaluation using institutionally established course equivalencies and calculate transfer GPA for admission purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous employment experience in a higher education setting working with transfer students and department faculty; experience working with transfer course equivalency, articulation, and knowledge of best practices in transfer process highly preferred.
- Previous experience with student information systems and reporting tools (Ellucian Banner and MS Access preferred) and proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions; demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills and attention to detail required.
Please send a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three professional references to Human Resources. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Fax: 309-556-1710 (please use cover sheet)
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html.
Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.