ASSISTANT RESTAURANT GENERAL MANAGER
The Assistant Restaurant General Manager (ARGM) has the overall responsibility for directing the daily operations of a restaurant in the RGM’s absence; ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas delivering the highest quality products and services to each guest. The ARGM is a leader in the restaurant, working closely with the RGM to successfully carry out the policies and procedures of the company and ensuring profitability.
The successful ARGM is able to:
- Address and resolve guest inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Take responsibility for positive engagement with guests.
- Assist RGM to recruit, hire, develop, and motivate team members; manage work schedules.
- Maintain a safe, comfortable work environment for employees and customers. Ensure the restaurant is clean and equipment is in good working condition at all times.
- Ensure that ingredients and menu items are properly stored, handled, prepared, and presented with great care and concern for food safety.
- Manage administrative responsibilities.
- An associate’s degree or equivalent; or related work experience.
- Ability to read and interpret document such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
While performing duties of this role, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; talk and hear to communicate with employees; and taste/smell. The employee is frequently required to handle, feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this role include peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is occasionally exposed to cooking fumes. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.