Assistant Superintendent - Heavy Civil Construction
Assistant Superintendents are responsible for monitoring the overall construction work for all assigned projects. This includes updating project schedules, managing labor costs, and coordinating Subcontractor and Self Perform work. Works directly with the Project Superintendent
- Responsible for ensuring that a safe workplace remains the top priority by partnering with the Safety department, Safety committee, and Project Management to support policies, procedures and practices for establishing a safe workplace.
- Control job progress by managing Subcontractors, solving problems and conflicts, using proper documentation, quality control and safety control techniques on the job.
- Control project costs by weekly evaluation of labor, material, and equipment costs.
- Oversee field productivity, cost control, quality control and scheduling to ensure accurate and updated construction schedules and budgets are being met.
- Work with field and project management to address cost and schedule concerns.
- Take an active part in job start / job close meetings.
- Communicate regularly with Project Management to troubleshoot job challenges and update job status
- Communicate and enforce company policies and procedures with field personnel and Subcontractors.
- Provide Leadership through building cooperative relationships, acting systemically, being decisive and taking responsibility.
- Display leadership by being a good role model and striving to promote a positive attitude at all times.
- Always act in a professional manner.
- At least 4 years of experience working on Heavy Civil construction projects
- Preference given to individuals with Superintendent or Foreman experience
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Construction Science, Civil Engineering, or related field preferred but not required
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail oriented
- Willing to travel
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.