Dextera Corporation is a woman-owned small business located in Centreville, Virginia. Dextera provides high quality records management, administrative support and professional services to federal government customers.
The Assistant Supervisor position is a role with similar responsibilities as a supervisor; this position provides support as needed in a lead capacity. The Assistant Supervisor position uses subject-matter knowledge and judgment to complete assignments consisting of numerous steps varying in nature and sequence.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting in a variety of administrative matters
- Compiling information and assisting in special projects as assigned
- Supervisory responsibility
- Coach employees to utilize a variety of programs to process tasks
- Provides telephone support
- Receives coaching/feedback and implements/takes action to make changes as appropriate
- Adheres to contract compliance requirements
- Provides guidance/support to General Clerks
- Responds to questions and resolve complex issues individually and/or in partnership with Supervisor
- Maintains awareness of team quality standards and confers with/provides feedback to supervisor on mitigation, escalating questions to the appropriate parties for clarification and resolution
- Collects information and new guidance from sources (incl. Business Process, Quality, Training, and Operations) and communicates with supervisor and team
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert in assigned Product Line and escalates guidance improvements as they are identified
- Communicates regularly with supervisor and works with Quality to resolve differing opinions
- Provides on-the-job support to team and new hires
- Conducts task processing observations while providing feedback on guidance usage
- Maintains standard percentage of time working tasks within Product Line
- Communicates changes in instructions to all team members
- Assists with writing manuals and other documentation, when appropriate
- Sharing best practices and soliciting/providing help to the team
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus 1 years of experience in a similar job
- Education beyond high school completion may substitute for experience
- Be skilled in using personal computer, office equipment (including photocopier) and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Have administrative detail and organizational skills to achieve accuracy goals
- Be able to use good judgment in dealing with internal and external customers
- Experience working in a goal driven, call center environment handling multiple call campaigns simultaneously preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to deliver daily guidance from management team
- Have knowledge of basic business terminology, methods, and procedures and of spelling, punctuation, grammar and arithmetic
- Be able to prepare and maintain detailed records, files, and reports
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team, perform as a self-starter and meet critical deadlines
- Be able to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Be able to work effectively and professionally with supervisor, team and client
- Experience working as a liaison between management and workforce
- Experience guiding, collaborating with, and working with others using a positive and supportive nature to resolve/overcome challenges.
- Must be able to prioritize workload, change work priorities with minimal notice
Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary.
This position is on a U.S. Government contract which will require candidates to pass a background investigation.
Employment Type: Full-time
Dextera Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply.