- The Associate Director directs the Program Manager technical and/or non- technical staff in support of a large scale, managed services complex contact center exclusively for a large Federal Government client located in Baltimore, MD.
- This position serves as the primary customer contact and oversees all service delivery and service assurance activities.
- This position owns customer satisfaction from an operational perspective, needs strong customer interface skills and the ability to partner strongly with our sales team as well as the many back office teams within AT&T, our partners and vendors to provide ultimate customer support.
- Proactively identifies risks and leads various teams to mitigate those risks while continuing to communicate with transparency to the customer.
- Manages customer and internal expectations and requirements.
- Organizes project and task workloads and selects individuals most qualified for assignments on specific projects.
- Resolves any issues escalated through the Program Managers.
- Creates Profit and Loss statements and manages business development.
- Influences decisions for the employment, training, motivation and discipline of direct reports.Directly manages exempt level employees and may manage nonexempt employees directly or through supervisors/leads
- 8 years or more years IT systems, telecom and system integration experience
- Requires PMI certification or a minimum of five years executing large projects, systems integration and PMBOK principles.
- Program management expertise with Information Technology Systems Integration.
- Minimum of 5 years Supervisory experience required
- Project or Program Management experience in managing a large scale (20,000 lines or more) telephone switching network and associated operations for civilian, military, or Government customers.
- Strong analytical thinking skills are required
- Expertise with oversight of subcontractors and vendor management
- Operational management for managed hosted services (hardware, operating system and network connectivity gear)
- Experience managing a telephone switching network with a minimum of 20,000 telephone lines.
- Bachelor’s Degree is not required, but Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in business or engineering is preferred and 8 years telecom and system integrator experience, however willing to accept high school diploma with a minimum of 15 years of telecommunication and systems integrator experience.