Associate (Actuarial) Wealth Practice at Buck
- Job Label:
BUCK - A 102-year-old firm that is JUST GETTING STARTED.
At Buck, our people make the difference. Founded over 100 years ago, we help deliver on the promise of tomorrow...today. Our health, wealth, technology and consulting services allow us to deliver on the MANY needs of our clients by drawing on our strength, DIVERSITY, and experiences in creating outcomes. This means we meet our clients where they are in the creation of their future while being respectfully bold in providing practical solutions to new realities. We honor our commitments and leave things better than when we started. We are a team of difference makers in global locations that have each other's backs working together as a team. What's your next move?
Buck has many new positions open; please take a look at the career site and https://jobs.buckglobal.com/
Works on a variety of client service projects under the supervision of more experienced consultants and with appropriate client contact. These services include actuarial valuations, plan administration and special projects, all at the level appropriate to the individual’s knowledge and experience. The primary focus at the Associate level is to “Do” the work efficiently and effectively, with an eye towards improving processes.
Key Job Responsibilities/Duties (not all‐inclusive; includes the following, and other duties as assigned):
- Handles the preparation of valuation data. Includes receiving and reviewing data from clients and other vendors
- To ensure internal and year‐to‐ year consistency.
- Has email and telephone contact with clients on data and administrative matters.
- Able to complete parts of a valuation, or assists the GVC in doing so.
- Assists in the preparation of letters and reports.
- Assists in the preparation of Schedule SB’s and government filings.
- Special projects or assignments as instructed by your supervisor/manager.
- Needs to properly handle data securely and encrypt electronic deliveries as required
- Drafts and edits Powerpoint presentations for effective communication of results and concepts
- Assists the billing manager to submit proformas timely.
- Helps the client team by drafting email correspondence by creating effective communications and takes
- Care of filing and storing correspondence that is ultimately sent.
Qualification Requirements (including educational, certifications/licenses, language, work experience, other specific
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Math, actuarial science, finance, or economics concentration preferred.
- 3.0 grade‐point average preferred.
- Preferred to have passed one SOA course
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
At Buck, we’re exclusively focused on helping our clients and their people succeed together. By this, we mean we’re partnering with some of the world's most forward-thinking companies to re-envision and re-design the way that employees work and live. And we’re doing this by finding the right combination of consulting, outsourcing, and technology solutions to help our clients realize the best organizational performance for their businesses while driving positive health, wealth, and career outcomes for their people.
- Related Keywords:
- Actuarial, Wealth, Retirement, Associate, Consultant, (18012345-2)